Muscle and Joint Pain Relief! Weight Loss! Detoxification! Immunity Booster!
What CAN’T our steam sauna do?!
Steam therapy has often been used in the treatment of arthritis, rheumatism, joint stiffness and muscle spasms. The deep moist heat of our Steamy Wonder steam canopy helps relieve pain by causing the blood vessels to dilate, stimulating increased blood circulation and allowing more oxygen to get to areas of injury for faster healing.
Saunas are also widely known for their powerful weight loss benefits. Studies show the average 25 minute sauna session burns between 475-600 calories! This would be the equivalent of running 3-4 miles! As your body works to cool itself, there is a substantial increase in your heart rate, cardiac output, and metabolic rate. Blood flow for the whole body reportedly rises from 5-7 quarts per minute to as much as 13 quarts per minute. The Journal of the American Medical Association found that regular use of saunas may be as effective as regular exercise as a means of cardiovascular conditioning and burning calories. The keyword here is “regular” use of saunas. If you are interested in using our sauna for a weight loss program, we will need to schedule regularly reoccurring sauna sessions to achieve this result.
Alright, so we have a pain relieving method that also happens to help you lose weight… that’s pretty perfect on it’s own right? Well here’s a bunch of other awesome benefits you can enjoy from using our sauna:
- Regular sweating can help detoxify your body
- As you detoxify your body, you will enjoy increased alertness and energy
- As you sweat, your sebaceous glands are clearing your pores of sebum and bacteria preventing acne all over your body leaving clear, glowing skin
- Steam relieves inflammation and congestion of upper respiratory mucous membranes (kinda gross, I know, but what a relief for those who need it!)
- Sauna treatments act as a sort of “artificial fever” and the Mayo Clinic research has shown white blood cells increase by an average of 58% during an artificial, induced fever and with more white blood cells your body is left more resistant to disease.
We currently offer sauna sessions in combination with a 50 minute Deep Tissue Massage treatment. We call it the Make Me Melt Package. You can book it online by clicking here.
To schedule a sauna session as a stand alone service, please text 512-289-0219 for scheduling options.